Thursday, July 2, 2015

Meet Danielle Gervais and Help Her Realize Her Dream!

Meet Danielle Gervais and Help Her Realize Her Dream



 Click below to see Danielle's audition shared on YouTube:

Danielle's Musical Theatre Audition Video for California State


From Danielle:
I need your support to help me stay in school to achieve my dream to perform on broadway! My name is Danielle and I am currently a Junior at California State University Chico studying Musical Theatre. I came to the United States from Canada when I was 18, leaving my mother in Connecticut and friends and family in Canada. 

I came to California to pursue my dream of being a performer on Broadway and even had to turn down my dream school, because of my lack of finances. I had worked for two years in high school, saving $10,000 to come to University. My parents are recently divorced and my mother doesn't have the means to help me. My father, though financially capable, does not support my dreams to be a performer and we have little contact. I love being at Chico State and I have been working my hardest to achieve a 3.8 GPA. I have been on the Dean's list every semester I have been there, but I do not qualify for most scholarships offered. I have applied for all of the scholarships offered by the school and private, but have received none. I am paying out of state tuition and have been for the past two years. I am over $50,000 in student loans and I am only half way through my education. 
 
I was barely scraping by for the first year and as soon as I became eligible, I got a minimum wage job. I had to quit this job in February after I was cast in two shows at CSU Chico and they refused to work around my schedule. At that point, I decided I would rather save every penny and sacrifice food at times than the alternative, not performing. I was rejected for in state tuition this year for minor details and will have to come up with $18,000 for the next academic year. My FAFSA is barely going to cover a quarter of these costs, which doesn't include my rent or living expenses. I am having a difficult time finding a job, because I am living in a small town, where even minimum wage jobs are highly competitive. 
 
All I want is to be able to continue my education at Chico State, but money is getting in the way of my dreams. When I do receive my degree, my next goal is to receive my teacher's license and while auditioning for shows, I want to help other children to realize their potential love for the arts. I just need your help to get there. 
 
I promise this is not a cause you will regret donating to and I vow to one day, pay it forward. Please help me make my dreams come true. 
 
To help with Danielle's chance at an education and to help this amazing and talented young woman realize her dream, if you can, please donate here by clicking on this link: Danielle's GoFundMe

No comments:

Post a Comment