Sunday, May 27, 2012

Food!

I love to cook and bake and am a big fan of the Food Network, so I thought I'd post some pics of some of the foods I've made. I do take pics of my own dishes when I think of it, so here are some of them.

The first one is Giada's delicious roasted citrus herb game hens and has become a favorite recipe of mine. Cranberries are featured in this dish, and the sauce is to die for. I garnished with a few fresh mint leaves. It is soooo good! And it freezes well for quick re-heat in the oven, and I reserve some sauce in separate containers as well. If it's just for me, I just make some rice to have with it.

This recipe can be found on the Food Network, and below is the link: Enjoy!
Giada's Roasted Citrus Herb Game Hen


My own ziti with chunky tomato, freshly grated parmesan cheese and sausage:

A salad of fresh greens, tomato, cucumber, and sliced hard boiled eggs. Add your favorite dressing and freshly ground black pepper to top it off:



Pastrami and melted cheese with dijon mustard or deli mustard on a sesame seed bun and sliced native tomatoes with black pepper on the side:


Loads of fresh veggies like zucchini, squash, tomatoes, with Italian trombette pasta:


The same, but covered with bechemal (white sauce) and lots of grated parmesan cheese and black pepper:


Chicken breast with fresh herbs, tomatoes and fresh lemon:


My chicken ceasar wraps with fresh greens and bread crumbs made from both white and whole grain breads. Just add the caesar dressing - and I prefer to just dip as I eat rather than smothering the wrap in dressing. Makes it easier to take to work that way too:


Are you hungry yet?
Connie






No comments:

Post a Comment